Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine (MMED), University of Zambia (UNZA) in 2011
Degree in Medicine (MD), University of Lubumbashi (UNILU) in 1999
Bachelor of Science in Human Biology (BSc HB), University of Lubumbashi (UNILU) in 1995
Fellow College of Physicians East, Central and Southern Africa (ECSA) in 2016OTHER TRAINING
Certificate-Post graduate mentorship, University of Zambia in 2013
Certificate-Med Scholar training on Mentorship, University of Zambia in 2011
Certificate-Research Methods and ethics, Briton and Sussex, in 2007
Professional Teaching Experience
• Senior Lecturer, Eden University School of Health Sciences 2018 to date
• Honorary lecturer and Course Coordinator Internal Medicine (SOM, University of Zambia) 2011 to 2017
• Honorary lecturer and Course Coordinator Internal Medicine (SOM, Apex Medical University, Zambia) 2015 to 2016CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
• Consultant Physician at Ministry of Health, Zambia (MoH) from 2016 to 2018
• Senior Registrar, (MoH) from 2011 to 2015
• Internal Medicine Registrar at University Teaching Hospital (UTH, Zambia) from 2007 to 2011.
• General Medical doctor at Ministry of Health Zambia from 2002 to 2007
• Medical Doctor at “Clinique Universitaire De Lubumbashi’, Internal Medicine department, Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of Congo from 1999 to 2001.
1. Mukomena P. Ntanda (2011). Nature and outcome of strokes in adult patients admitted at the university teaching hospital in Lusaka/Zambia.(Master degree dissertation)
2. Masharip Atadzhanov, Patrice N. Mukomena, Shabir Lakhi, Owen A. Ross and James F. Meschia. Stroke Characteristics and Outcomes of Adult Patients Admitted to the University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia. The Open General and Internal Medicine Journal, 2012, 5, 3-8
3. Masharip Atadzhanov, Mwila H. Mwaba, Patrice N. Mukomena, Shabir Lakhi, Sruti Rayaprolu, Owen A. Ross. James F. Meschia. Association of the APOE, MTHFR and ACE genes polymorphisms and stroke in Zambian patients.N Neurology International 2013; volume 5:e20.
4. Masharip atadzhanov , Mwila h mwaba, Patrice N.Mukomena, Shabir Lakhi, Peter mwaba, Srutirayaprolu,James f meschia, Owen a ross. frequency of APOE, MTHFR and ACE polymorphisms in the Zambian population. BMC Research Notes 2014, 7:194 doi:10.1186/1756-0500-7-194
5. P.N. Mukomena, S. Lakhi, M.H. Mwaba, M. Atadzhanov.Familial Aggregation of Stroke.Medical Journal of Zambia 2013,40:1
6.Owen Ngalamika, Katongo Mutengo, Patrice N. Mukomena. Recurrent respiratory distress in a 43 year old HIV positive woman with systemic lupus erythematosus. In Press
7.Stanley Zimba, Patrice N. Mukomena, Shabir Lakhi, Masharip Atadzhanov.(2018) Association of hypercoagulability state markers in adult HIV positive patients with ischaemic stroke at the University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia.
8.Danielle C Smith, Lauren M Watson, Alina Esterhuizen, Mwila Mwaba, Patrice Mukomena, Masharip Atadzhanov, Alan Bryer, Jacquie Greenberg Bridging the Gap – Is there need for "Ataxia Africa"? Poster Presentation.2015
9.Michelle Kvalsund, Patrice Mukomena, Takondwa Chidumayo, Gretchen Birbeck, Michael Andary, Michael Horner, David N. Herrmann. Referral Characteristics and Neuromuscular Disorder Diagnosis among Electrodiagnostic Consultations in Zambia. Muscle & Nerve. (In press)Reviewer in international Journal
• Publisher: Elsevier (Meta Gene)
• Article (Research paper) reviewed (2018): Synergistic interactions of Angiotensin Converting Enzyme (ACE) gene and Apolipoprotein E (APOE) gene polymorphisms with T1DM susceptibility in south India