The objectives of the University are :
- To become a premier institution that provides need based and demand driven quality academic programmes.
- To supplement public efforts in the provision of tertiary education.
- To improve quality assurance using nationally and internationally recognized benchmarks.
- To produce skilful and competent graduates.
- To provide continuing education for the local community in professional and academic studies.
- To promote womens participation in science related training.
- To promote the participation of disabled and other disadvantaged persons in our training.